Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. has designated an agent to receive notices of copyright infringement claims. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l's Copyright Agent the following information:
1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site;
4. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.'s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached by post at:
Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.
Attention: Ancestry.com Legal Department, Copyright Agent
31, rue Philippe II
Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information outlined in 1 through 6 above:
1. Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
2. Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may forward the written notification to such alleged infringer; and
3. Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If the alleged infringer believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against it and it would like to submit a counter-notification, it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.'s Copyright Agent.
To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.'s Copyright Agent for Notice that includes the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. The alleged infringer's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information outlined in 1 through 4 above:
1. Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
2. Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; and
3. Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l. may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.'s Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Ancestry.com Europe S.à r.l.'s network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.