Alexander Thom published the first Thom’s Irish Almanac and Official Directory in 1844. By time the 1904 edition digitized for this database came around, the publication had grown to include a Dublin street directory; names, addresses, and occupations for residents of other towns and districts in the country as well; and a wide variety of happenings, institutions, businesses, and departments for Ireland and the UK, including the following:
- county fairs and markets in Ireland
- Parliamentary directory
- civil service and law directory for Great Britain
- navy, army, and militia directory
- colonial directory
- universities, colleges, schools
- churches and ecclesiastical directory
- county and borough directories
- postal directory
The directory also includes a map of Dublin and a calendar for 1904.
This volume includes a detailed table of contents, which can help you find your way around its pages.