- Admiralty: Service Records, Registers, Returns and Certificates. ADM 6/433-439.
- Admiralty and predecessors: Office of the Director General of the Medical Department of the Navy and predecessors: Service Registers and Registers of Deaths and Injuries. ADM 104/102-118,122-149.
- Admiralty: Royal Marines, Chatham Division: Order, Discharge and Letter Books, Registers and Returns. ADM 183/114-120.
- Admiralty: Royal Marines, Plymouth Division: Order, Discharge and Letter Books, Registers and Returns. ADM 184/43-54.
- Admiralty: Naval Casualties, Indexes, War Grave Rolls and Statistics Book, First World War. ADM 242/1-15.
- Admiralty and Ministry of Defence: Chaplain of the Fleet and successors: Registers of Baptisms, Confirmations, Marriages and Burials. ADM 338/141,145.
- War Office: Officers' Birth Certificates, Wills and Personal Papers. WO 42/1-75.
- War Office and predecessors: Records of Militia Regiments. WO 68/429A,441C,441D,497,499A,499B.
- Ordnance Office, Military Branch, and War Office: Royal Artillery Records of Service and Papers. WO 69/67-69,72,73,551-573,575-577,579,580,582.
The records, spanning more than 200 years from all over the world, were collected by the various armed services of the British forces.
Many are from registers kept by the chaplains of the various services and include births, baptisms, marriages, deaths and burials. Bearing in mind the size of the British Empire in the 19th century, there was a military or naval presence in a large number of locations, on every continent.
Also included in this collection are British Navy reports of deaths as well as British Officer births, wills and personal records.