Search for content in message boards

van Eldik and Vande Velde Relatives

van Eldik and Vande Velde Relatives

Posted: 977832000000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1136059528000
Surnames: van Eldik, Vande Velde
Searching for relatives of Dirk J. van Eldik and Adriana Visscher; Dirk van Eldik and Petronela Vande Velde of Rock Valley, Iowa.

Great Grandfather

Scott Van Eldik (View posts)
Posted: 985867200000
Surnames: Van Eldik
My Father William Dirk Van Eldik was born in Rock Valley.
His Father was William G Van Eldik.
Please email me.
Scott Van Eldik
Salix, IA

Re: van Eldik and Vande Velde Relatives

CaroleLK (View posts)
Posted: 1071024264000
Surnames: Van Eldik
My dau.-in-law is the great-granddaughter of Dirk thru his son, William Gerrit Van Eldik. Her father is James Van Eldik. Would love more information on her family

Re: Great Grandfather

CaroleLK (View posts)
Posted: 1071024494000
Hi, My dau-in-law is Jennifer Van Eldik, dau of James, who is son of William. Would love to get more information on her side of the family. Carole in Peachtree City, GA

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 1071029170000
James Van Eldik [Jim] is my first cousin. My Mother, Bertha, and Jim's father, William Gysbert Van Eldik, were brother and sister. I believe his middle name is Gysbert although it may not be spelled right. I have also heard from Scott Van Eldik who is the son of Jim's brother William.

If you go here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mkderck/eldik.html

I have pictures posted. THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC SITE.

I have unverified information about some of the relatives in Holland through "Cousin Herman". However, I never got a physical address for his home [he worked in The Hague] and he does not answer emails now. He sent me via email his family history going back to the 17th century. I do not think it is verified either. However, it is clear that my Grandfather, Dirk, and his great, great, great [I believe] grandfather Herman were brothers. Also if you look at the parents of Dirk -- Dirk J. and Adrianna Visscher -- and then the pictures that Herman sent, you can see they are the same people but older in his pictures. Also, "Cousin Herman" said in the family that the oldest sons were named Dirk and Herman. And the children of Dirk and Petronella, the oldest son is Dick and the second oldest son is Herman. William is the youngest son.

So, I'm not very good at this.....but does that make your daughter in law my second cousin, since Jim is my first cousin??? I also have pictures from the maternal side -- Dirk's wife, Nellie or Petronella, and her parents. These are not posted on the website but of course I am willing to share whatever I have.

I'm not sure what you would like to know.

Mary ....or as Jim would know me as .... Mary Kay

CaroleLK (View posts)
Posted: 1071097444000
That makes Jennifer Lynn Van Eldik and her sister Collette and brother Travis your 1st cousins once removed. That is the one thing I got out of an anthro. course at FSU many, many years ago.

Thanks for the spelling for her Grandfather William's middle name.
Do you use a family history program? Carole in Peachtree City, GA

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 1071114284000
I use Family Tree Maker Version 10.

CaroleLK (View posts)
Posted: 1071146113000
I also use Family Tree Maker...I think it is version 11. Talked to Jennifer last night. She was excited about the possibility of getting more Van Eldik information. I will show Jim the Message you put on the board. He is now living in Newnan, GA which is the next town over from Peachtree City where I live. Carole in Peachtree City

S. Van Eldik (View posts)
Posted: 1077905895000
Looking for family are you?
I live in the Netherlands, near to Eldik
(I don't think I understand this forum)

Re: version 11

Posted: 1397246628000
any idea where I might purchase version 11 installation disk fdshade@aol.com
per page