Search for content in message boards

Female Infant Birth in York County/Biddeford ME 1937

Female Infant Birth in York County/Biddeford ME 1937

Posted: 1531535902000
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Roche, Adams, Adamson
About Dec. 1, 1937, baby girl was b. in Biddeford, ME. Searching for birth info in vital records. Father may have been listed as John Roche; mother Anna Adams/Adamson. Two months later, child was left in lobby of an apt. house in NYC at 610 West 136th Street on or about 01 Feb 1938 at 1 p.m. Witnesses said one woman and two men walked into the building's lobby and left the child in a baby carriage in the rear of the lobby. Neighbors eventually heard a baby crying, notified officials, and they transferred the child to "The Foundling" in NYC on 2/02/1938. Doctor estimated the child was 2 months old. This child is now 81 and may have found her birth parents names. Looking to document through Bidderford vital records. Any help deeply appreciated.

Re: Female Infant Birth in York County/Biddeford ME 1937

Posted: 1532307189000
Classification: Query
Hi,

The original birth certificate will be filed away in the adoption records and replaced with a new birth certificate that show her adopted parents names.

You'll find information about adoption records at the Division of Public health Systems, www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/public-health-systems/. Successful Searching!

Re: Female Infant Birth in York County/Biddeford ME 1937

Posted: 1532308723000
Classification: Query
Hi,

The original birth certificate will be filed away in the adoption records and replaced with a new birth certificate that show her adopted parents names.

You'll find information about adoption records at the Division of Public health Systems, www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/public-health-systems/. Successful Searching!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic