Search for content in message boards

Henrietta Taylor in Richmond County, Georgia

Henrietta Taylor in Richmond County, Georgia

Posted: 1106765794000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Gibbs
I'm trying to track down my great grandmother's family. Recently discovered that her name was Henrietta Taylor (per my grandfather's military records).

She was married to James W. Gibbs as of the 1880 census. But it's my understanding she was his second wife. She died in the next few years because he remarried again in 1885.

Based on the census, she was born in Georgia in 1848, possibly 1847. I've found a Henrietta Taylor in 1860, daughter of Wiley, who is the right age, but there's no trace of her in 1870 so I can't be certain it's the right person.

Re: Henrietta Taylor in Richmond County, Georgia

Posted: 1107276916000
Surnames: Taylor
Hi Donna! My name is Loretta my E-Mail is not working. But If you are looking for Wiley Taylor I may be of some help. My ancestor is Wiley Taylor from Augusa, Richmond Co. Ga. He and most of his family moved to Ark. They are on the census there.Her brother George Washington Taylor is my ancestor.She was named after her mother. But there is another Wiley Taylor there I do not know if he had a daughter by that name. I hope this helps. wWe maybe cousins. Good luck! Let me Know. Loretta

Hi. I'm pretty sure this is the right Henrietta, but have no

Posted: 1107284910000
Edited: 1108364310000
way to confirm. She's the only Henrietta Taylor I can find in Richmond or Columbia County, GA in that time frame. The age is right, and that and her name are all I have to go by.

If I'm on the right track, I've found WileyTaylor on the 1850 census in Augusta. Any idea where he was before that time? I see he was born in North Carolina, but I haven't had much success tracking him there yet.

Re: Henrietta Taylor

Posted: 1107363917000
Edited: 1108364463000
Hi! I am pretty new with this computer so I hope I am doing this right. I have a 1840 census in Greene Co. N.C. at the time they would onlybe one child Priscilla .but as luck has it the 1840 census does not give names just head of house. This Wiley has a gril age under 5 with wife between 20 and 30 which is what we need . His age is inbetween 20 and 30 right again. but there is a boy inbetween 10 and 15I can not count for. My bad luck is the court house in that county burnt down in oh shoot I can not remmber the year or find it now, all records were lost.I did find an query for that county wanting to find info.about a Taylor marring a Henrietta Johnsonin 1838.She said thereis a deed in Greene Co.registared by Celia Taylor in 1842 and lists the childern of a Henry Taylor as Elizabeth, Wiley, Absolom Martha and Jas. What do you know about the Indian there? There has been stories told from gen to gen about Wiley or Henrietta being so . Have you heard any? I also have were Henry paid for land in Dobbs Co. NC.in 1772. I hpoe to hear from you soon.

I saw the Green Co. census. Too bad there's no way to

Posted: 1107364651000
be sure if it's him. So many kids died back then, it wouldn't be surprising if they had a son who died young.

Unfortunately, I've heard no stories about the Taylors. I only found out Henrietta's last name last month when I found it in some of my grandfather's Navy papers. She died when he was only about 5 or so, and then my grandfather died when my mom was only 8 so she knew almost nothing about his family. I do have a tintype picture that is supposedly of Henrietta and my grandfather and one of his brothers. If it is her, she was a VERY unattractive woman. Very severe looking. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Posted: 1109094292000
Edited: 1113618619000
Surnames: Taylor, Gubbels
Donna, Sorry I have not kept in touch. I pulled my records for wiley and Henritta Taylor. I show thier daughter Henrietta married a W.H. Gubbels. I do not have were or when. I have Wiley Taylor on the 1870 census and she is not with them. They are in Ark then. You may need to keep looking for another Henrietta Taylor.or it could be she remarried using her maiden name. Keep in touch and let me know

Loretta

Ras Nyabhingi (View posts)
Posted: 1140115532000
Edited: 1150327748000
I am a direct descendant of Wiley Taylor & Henrietta Johnson. He was born in Greene County, NC, moved to Richmond County, Ga. & died there. He is buried in the cemetery of his son in law, the King cemetery, Grovetown, Columbia County, Ga. I have been trying to find his father, who was probably from Virginia. Wiley's son Francis M. Taylor's daughter Etta Elizabeth Taylor was my grandmother, born in Arkansas on one of his trips there from Laurens County, Ga. By the way, my memory of her is as a very severe woman, so maybe it ran in the family. Wiley left NC sometime after 1842, because my great grandfather Frank was born in Greene County, NC in 1842.

Posted: 1140117330000
Edited: 1150327785000
Thanks for the info. I have been to the King Cemetery. Unfortunately, Wiley's headstone has not survived the years. Do you have a confirmed birthdate for him? I have Sept 1814, but no specific day.

Also if you have any other specific info on Wiley and/or Henrietta I'd appreciate it.

I have corresponded with another descendant who believes that Wiley first bought land in Richmond Co., GA in 1846.

Re: Taylor in Greene County, North Carolina - Wiley and Henry

ras nyabhingi (View posts)
Posted: 1140167730000
Edited: 1150327881000
Unfortunately, I don't have much on Wiley Taylor, and I would like to find out once & for all if a Henry Taylor of Virginia was really his father. I plan to travel to Greene County, NC this summer to see what I can find out, though I have heard all their records were destroyed in a fire, something not uncommon in those days. I have more info on his son, Francis Marion Taylor, my great grandfather, and his children. Do you have anything on Wiley's siblings or know for sure who his father was? I am also planning to stop at the Georgia Archives in Atlanta to see what I can find.

Re: Wiley Taylor's parents

Posted: 1140186204000
Edited: 1150327909000
per page

Find a board about a specific topic