Search for content in message boards

Jonas Kuhn St Gallen Canton

Replies: 2

Re: Jonas Kuhn St Gallen Canton

Posted: 1571513827000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1571515146000
Surnames: Kuhn, Lenggenhager, Eppenberger, Naf, Zublin
You are correct that Jonas' mother was Anna Barbara Lenggenhager, not Eppenberger. His sister Anna Barbara married the Eppenberger. (My mistake) The family was from Mogelsburg. The name Ranton St Gallen is from a 1939 letter from a cousin of my grandfather he possibly had misread it. The family owned three "estates"near Mogelsburg named Hub, Ruhrmuhle and Egelten. These are from research done by a W. Eisenhut in 1949 for another of my grandfather's cousins. He didn't know whether the family lived at any or all three places but gave the owner for each in 1949.
Yes Johannes came to US in 1848 with the family following in 1849. Finally located the ship on which the family came into New York City before the beginning of Castle Gardens and well before Ellis Island.
Anna Barbara Kuhn-Lenggenhager and nine of their 10 living children sailed to US on the ship "the Magnolia" out of a French port. Not sure which one. Have yet to locate what ship Johannes came in on. Story in family is that at one time the ship was blown back to where it had been 6 weeks before.
Johannes started his Nationalization papers at Pittsburgh, PA as John Kuhn in Oct 1849 and was in the Madison-St Clair county, Illinois area by 1855 having come through the Kentucky area on his way.
The parents and grandparents of Johannes you have on the other Forum are correct from what I have.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cherokeehunte... 1571348230000 
WSeelentag 1571392953000 
cherokeehunte... 1571513827000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic