Replies: 0

WING, Maggie Jane, obituary

Posted: 1082997223000
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 1110052959000
Surnames: WING, FENTON, MARGESON
The Goldendale Sentinel, Goldendale, WA., May 4, 1939, page 2

OBITUARY

Maggie Jane Fenton was born in The Dalles, Oregon, May 12, 1867. She moved to Klickitat county with their parents, Solomon and Emma Fenton in 1872, settling near Goldendale.
She was married to Marion E. Wing December 1, 1884. They made their home near Centerville for over 50 years.

To this union three children were born; two boys and a girl, all passing away in infancy. She was a faithful member of the Christian church for fifty years and an active member of the Centerville Grange number 81 for 40 years and also a member of the Rebekah lodge of Goldendale. She was a good neighbor, always willing to help, especially in time of sickness.

She passed away in The Dalles hospital April 4, 1939. She would have been 72 years of age had she lived to see another birthday which was May 12.

She leaves to mourn her going a husband, Marion E. Wing, two adopted children, Elmer E. Wing of Goldendale, and Mrs. Lillie Margeson of Washougal, Washington; a brother, Frank Fenton of Goldendale; four grandchildren, a number of nieces and nephews besides a host of friends and neighbors.
Her Own Poem

I will steer my bark for the waves roll dark,
I will cross a stranger sea.
But I know I will land on that blest strand;
Where my loved ones are waiting for me.
There are faces there divinely fair
The earth lost long ago;
And foreheads white where curls lay bright
Like sunbeams over the snow.
There are little feet I'd love to meet,
When the world was sweet to me.
I know they will bound,
When the rippling sound of my boat comes over the sea.
I shall see them stand on the gleaming sand,
Their white arms o'er the tide;
Waiting to twine their hands in mine,
When I reach the other side.

---------------------------------

The Dalles Weekly Chronicle, The Dalles, OR., April 6, 1939, page 5

"City Briefs"

(Daily of April 5) Woman Dies - Mrs. M.E. Wing, 74, Goldendale, died yesterday afternoon at a local hospital. Her body was taken to Goldendale for funeral services and burial.

This was posted for reference only. I am not related to, nor am I researching this family. If you have additional information about what's mentioned above, please post it as a reply to this message.

Find a board about a specific topic