Search for content in message boards

Coakley family tree help - Algernon F?

Replies: 3

Coakley family tree help - Algernon F?

Posted: 1234107036000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coakley
I'm trying to put together my family tree, but I am stuck. Any help would be much appriciated. I'm not finding the information I need on ancestry.com.

My maiden name is Jennifer Lynn Coakley. My father is James Thomas Coakley, Sr. His parents were Myron Leroy Coakley and Dora Ellen Crum.

Myron Leroy Coakley was born Dec. 21, 1927 in West Virgina. His parents were Joe Coakley and Nelcie M. Wiest. Myron has a brother named Floyd who I believe is still alive but I have no idea how to contact him. His sister has passed away and her name was Gwinlyn "Elaine" Coakley.

Their father, Joe Coakley ran off when they were young, but he resurfaced later so I was able to get a little bit of information on him, but not enough to connect all the dots.

He was born Joseph A (Austin, I think) Coakley Sept 21, 1899 in Rockingham County, VA. He died August 1979 in West Virginia.

I believe his parents were Algernon F Coakley and Nellie (Millie by some records) J Taylor. I've found more information on Nellie Taylor, but I can find nothing more on Algernon.

Algernon was born Jan. 1873 in Rockingham County, VA. He and Nellie were married April 22, 1894. That's all I know. I can't find any records of his parents, siblings or death.

Any help or further information would be much appriciated. Also, if you find I'm going down the wrong tree that information would be helpful as well.

I was also told they were Mennonites originally from Harrison, VA, but I'm not sure if this information is correct.

Thank you in advance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gmrchk 1234107036000 
Muckham 1234124618000 
gmrchk 1234126857000 
Lateshascrews 1553988652000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic