My earliest known ancestor in Fauquier County was Abraham Dodson who was born April 4, 1723 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, VA to Thomas Dodson and Mary Durham.
(The Dodson Family of North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia, Vol. one, c. 1988) and died in Fauquier Co in 1768.
Abraham married Barbary Russell, daughter of George and Mary Russell who was born Nov. 9, 1729 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Va. and died after 1776 in Fauquier Co.
The Dodson book lists extracts from the register of births and includes
Millian, daughter of Abraham and Barbary Dodson, born Sept. 7, 1744
My ancestor was Tabitha Dodson, born about 1749 in Fauquier County, VA.
Milly Holtzclaw in listed as a daughter in Abraham's will (Abstracts of Fauquier County, VA Wills 1759-1800 by John K. Gott, c. 1976)
Graham Dodson, in his will in the same book, lists his mother Barbary Dodson, sister Tabitha Shumate, and
Enoch Dodson, brother
Mary Shumate, sister
Tabitha Dodson married Daniel Shumate in Fauquier Co, VA. about 1769 and she died in 1804 in Fauquier Co. She was Daniel's third wife. He was born about 1712, possibly in England and died in 1784 in Fauquier CO. His parents were Jean de la Chaumette and Elizabeth Bourgeios Bouvet.
Their children were:
Margaret Shumate (married Whitecotton)
Nancy Shumate (married Edward Kenny)
Strother D. Shumate
Charlotte Shumate (married Conway)
Mary (Molly) SHumate married Martin Parker on Dec. 29, 1787.
Martin was the son of Thomas Parker and Catharine. He served in Captain John Ball's company from Fauquier Co during the Revolution. (FauquierCountians in the Revolution, c. 1977)
The Dodson family book lists their children:
1. Lucinda b. 2 Nov 1788, married Archibald Parker, a cousin, on 11 Mar 1806
2. Malinda b. c1791, d. 1867
3. Matilda b. c1793, married a Carter
4. Martin, Jr. b. c1795 d. June 1833 ANderson Co, KY
5. Mary (Polly) b. 2 Nov 1797, married William Utterback
6. Daniel b. c1794/99, died after 1865 in Richmond, MO, married 1 Elizabeth Parker (cousin) and 2 Mary __
7. Nancy b. 1802 m. Nimrod Duncan
8. Elizabeth b. 1804, m. Laban Utterback
9. Katherine b. 1806
10. John b. 1808, died 5 May 1857
11. Narcissa b. c 1810, m. John McAllister
12. David b. 29 Jan 1813 Franklyn Co, KY m. Susan Griffin
Malinda married William Routt, son of Peter Routt and Ann Crosby. WIlliam was born in Fauquier Co abt 1783 and died in Anderson Co, KY 1833 along with his father-in-law and brother-in-law of cholera. They were married OCt 26, 1810 and the Parker family left for Anderson Co, KY right after the wedding.