Search for content in message boards

Thomas Bennett, b. 1777 in Henrico County, Virginia; died July 1859 Chesterfield County Virginia

Replies: 1

Re: Thomas Bennett, b. 1777 in Henrico County, Virginia; died July 1859 Chesterfield County Virginia

Posted: 1514946035000
Classification: Query
Hi,

You won't find a civil birth record for him because Virginia wasn't recording births that early. You might find a church record at the Henrico County historical or genealogical society.

thomas Bennett
Married: 22 Jan 1803, Chesterfield Co. VA
Nancy Blankenship
Source: Virginia Marriages 1785-1940; no actual doc in FamilySearch

Thomas Bennett
Married: 5 May 1841, Chesterfield Co., VA
Polly Frost, b. 1820
F: Joshua Frost
Source: same as above

I'd order copies of these marriage docs from the Archives, www/va.virginia.gov/chancery/available.org because his parents names might be on them.

I'd also look in the local newspapers for his marriage announcement. Library of congress, Chronicling America has old, digitized, free newspapers online.

I'd contact the Chesterfield Historical Society of Virginia, www.chesterfieldhistory.com/CHSVLibrary.html and Chesterfield County Public Library, http://library.chesterfield.gov/topics/genealogy/ and ask if they have a local, early death index, indexed death notices and cemetery inventories. His parents names might be in his death notice. Successful Searching!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Achilles75 1512863332000 
judyartley261... 1514946035000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic