The Hardeman House is one of Henderson's older homes and is located at 313 East Main Street, and is referred to as the Hardeman Homestead in most of the land records in the Rusk County Courthouse.
Abigail HARDEMAN , sometimes call Abbie, was the daughter of Antoinette DEVEREAUX and Caleb Jackson GARRISON. Antoinette was the daughter of Julien Sidney Devereus, owner of Monte Verdi Plantation in southern Rusk Co. Caleb J. Garrison married Antoninette DEVEREAUX on May 15, 1856. Antoninette died in Henderson on August 29 1872 at the age of thirty-two years, leaving her husband and seven small children surviving her. Abigail Garrrison HARDEMAN was one of these children.
The deeds to the Hardeman property in Rusk County records show that Richard B. TUTT built "The White Tavern" before April 21 1856 on six acres of land which was part of the tract associated with the Hardeman property.
Other owners of the Property are H.L. GRIGGIN, long-time Henderson merchant, Colarence B. CANTIN, Davis McMAHON and Mrs. Lois FINLEY. DAvis McMahon and his wife, Lorea, restored the Hardeman House after purchasing it in 1962. In 1975, Mrs. Finley bought the restored home and has kept it in excellent condition, making as few alterations as possible. She has maintained it as her home since 1975 (1985)