William C. Bahmermann Sr.
William C. Bahmermann, Sr. William C. Bahmermann, Sr., 92, of Narberth, Pa., a suburb of Philadelphia, died peacefully at home on April 6, 2007. He was born in Erie, Pa., and was a graduate of Academy High School and Edinboro University. He enjoyed dual careers as a fine arts educator and portrait painter. His paintings reflect in realistic detail the beauty of God's handiwork surrounding our daily lives. His expertise in portraiture is evidenced by the many highly-acclaimed portraits hanging in numerous public, private, and corporate collections in the eastern United States. In 1941 he began teaching fine arts in the Lower Merion School District at Bala Cynwyd Junior High School, retiring 39 years later in 1980 as a teacher at Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, Pa. While teaching, he encouraged the talents of numerous award-winning students and availed himself of courses at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts under the instruction of Francis Speight and Daniel Garber. Bill's warmth, wit, and intelligence were enjoyed in his personal and professional relationships. Bill and his wife, Isabelle Sciamanda, of Erie, spent many vacations returning "home" with their two children for family reunions and special occasions. He was widowed in 1970. Bill was a car buff, enjoying his 1956 Packard and Kharmann Ghia convertible. With enthusiasm he would wash and wax both cars the same day, often driving one in local parades on holidays. In 1972 Bill married Fay Marsden, with whom he would have celebrated his 35th anniversary next month. They enjoyed motoring across the United States and attending 45 Elderhostels, driving the back roads to experience many serendipitous events. In his retirement he attended numerous openings of art shows and enjoyed visits from former students. In addition to his wife, Kay, he is survived by his daughter, Barbara Wilson; son, William, Jr. (Smitty); and two grandsons, Nicolaas and Gregory Stulting. Relatives and friends are invited to a Memorial Service Saturday, April 14, 2007, at 11 a.m. at Narberth Presbyterian Church