Search for content in message boards

Lemuel Crosby - 1809 - Hillsdale

Replies: 1

Lemuel Crosby - 1809 - Hillsdale

Posted: 1019415534000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1027366359000
Surnames: Crosby, Stebbins, Gardner, Somers, Tallmadge
In the name of God Amen I LEMUEL CROSBY of the town of Hillsdale County of Columbia and State of new York being weak in body but of perfect mind and memory thanks be to God for the same do make this my last will and testament in manner and form following.

First, it is my will that my remains be decently interred and that all my just debts be paid by my executors herein after named.

Secondly, I give and bequeath to my well beloved wife ELIZABETH CROSBY all my household furniture together with my xxx of horses wagon and harness and one cow to be hers and at her disposal also one half of my outstanding debts during her natural life and at her decease to be equally divided among my three children viz THIRZA CROSBY, DARIUS CROSBY and ISAAC N. CROSBY and the other half of my outstanding debts to be disposed of in the manner following viz:

One fifth part to be paid to my daughter THIRZA CROSBY at my decease and the remaining part to be put to interest at my decease and to be paid to my two sons DARIUS CROSBY and ISAAC A. CROSBY an equal part to each at the age of twenty one with use I also recommend it to my executors to have my two sons DARIUS and ISAAC N. CROSBY live with my son in law GAIUS STEBBINS until each of them shall arrive at the age of twenty one and to be taught the art of tanning and currying and making shoes.

I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint my well beloved wife ELIZABETH CROSBY and my beloved brother DARIUS CROSBY Executors of this my last will and testament.

I do hereby revoke all former wills in testimony whereof I LEMUEL CROSBY have hereunto set my and hand seal this eighteenth day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and seven.

Signed
LEMUEL CROSBY

Signed sealed and delivered and published by the same LEMUEL CROSBY as his last will and testament in presence of us who at his request and in his presence and in presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses there to.

Signed,
ROBERT GARDNER
ALVAN SOMERS
THIRZY CROSBY
THIRZY CROSBY Dutchess County

Be it Remembered that on the sixth day of May one thousand eight hundred and nine personally appeared before me JAMES TALLMADGE, Jr., Surrogate of the said county THIRSEY CROSBY who on her oath declared that she did see LEMUEL CROSBY sign and seal the annexed written Instrument purporting to be the will of the said LEMUEL CROSBY bearing date the eighteenth day of March one thousand eight hundred and seven and heard him publish and declare the same as and for his last will and testament that at the time thereof he the said LEMUEL CROSBY was of sound mind and memory to the best of the knowledge and belief of her the deponent and that this deponent ALVAN SOMERS and ROBERT GARDNER severally subscribed the will as witnesses thereto in the testators presence.

JAMES TALMADGE, Jr., Surrogate

The People of the State of New York by the grace of God free and Independent

To all to whom these presents shall come or may concern send greetings that at Poughkeepsie in Dutchess County on the ninth day of May in the year of our lord one thousand eight hundred and nine before JAMES TALLMADGE, Jun Surrogate of our said County the last will and testament of LEMUEL CROSBY deceased (a copy is hereof is hereunto annexed, was proved and is now approved and allowed of by us and the said deceased having what he lived and at the time of his death goods chattels or credits within this state by means whereof the proving and registering the said will and the granting administration of all and singular the said goods chattels and credits and also the auditing allowing and xxx discharging the account thereof doth belong unto us the administration of all and singular the goods chattels and credits of the said deceased and any way concerning his will as granted DARIUS CROSBY the Executor in the aid will named he being first day known well and faithfully to administer the same to make and exhibit a true and perfect Inventory of all and singular the said good chattels and credits and also to render a just and true account thereof whom thereunto required.

In testimony whereof we have caused the seal of office of our said Surrogate to be here unto affixed.

Witness JAMES TALLMADGE, Jun., Esquire
Surrogate of the said County at Poughkeepsie the sixth day of May in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and nine and of our Independence the thirty third

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SALLY4 1019415534000 
Bushy Hartman 1029256926000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic