Search for content in message boards

Correct Dates for Paternal Ancestors

Replies: 1

Correct Dates for Paternal Ancestors

Posted: 1574209206000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allen, Holmes, Freethy/Freathy, Barker
I have a great many of my Dad's ancestors who settled in York/Kittery and thereabouts in Maine in the early 1600's.

Among them were my 7x great-grandfather, Walter Allen (born 1643, Essex, MA, died 4/2/1728 Berwick, Maine).

He was married to Mary Holmes. I *think* she was born 1/15/1649 in Kittery, Maine; died 1743 in York, Maine.

I have questions/uncertainty about the dates around Mary Holmes' parents. I have looked at Family Search, and the IGI says her father was Thomas Holmes, and mother was Joanna Freethy/Freathy.

I want to get accurate dates of birth/death for both Thomas and Joanna. Some of the dates I have seen don't make sense.

I also want to find accurate records for Joanna's parents, whom I have seen listed as William Freathy and Elizabeth Barker. My understanding from some records/books I have run across in my research that the Freathys were fairly prominent in the early settlement of York County.

Any assistance in helping me locate the most accurate records on these individuals would be greatly appreciated. It would help me fill in some holes in my Dad's family history.

Thank you!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jennifer Alle... 1574209206000 
judyartley261... 1577660769000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic