Search for content in message boards

Looking for a marriage & an Interesting turn of events too!

Replies: 1

Looking for a marriage & an Interesting turn of events too!

Posted: 1556066912000
Classification: Query
I have posted about my early Walkers before and it appears that nobody else is researching them. indeed, I have turned Kingston upside down looking for any trace and i am amazed that this early UEL area is not better documented......
Jane Walker was born 1794-5 and Baptized 1795, record in St George's. Some time about 1820ish she married a McLean fellow. I have not been able to find any such marriage over the years. This Mclean gentleman must have died because in 1837, Jane Walker McLean married my Gx4 GF Peter John Frank in York, north of Toronto. This Jane Walker had siblings and one of her sisters was Elizabeth Walker, baptized in 1804, St George's so Jane wold be about 9-10 years younger than Jane Walker McLean. in 1822 Elizabeth Walker married John Adam Frank, also in York and she is my Gx3 GM. John Adam was the son of Peter John Frank so we have the situation where father and son married Walker sisters. The question also begs: How did these kingston Walkers know the Frank family (from Pa,USA about 1804) some 180 miles away in York...??
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jrmcginn1 1556066912000 
Stella_Stange... 1556069620000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic