Search the Boards

Search Results for "Twombly" - 381 Messages

per page

Re: Henry James Twombly, IRE>IL, abt 1851>1930 Posted on: 13 Aug 2012, by  kgravlin

Surnames > Twombly

I remember visiting with Doc and Jessie back about the mid-1960s. I married Don (Margaret's middle son Donald Joseph Gravlin) and Margaret was Jack aka John Francis Twombly's dau.) I'd love to get mo...

John Twombly b1796 ME & Nancy Stacy b1802 ME Posted on: 05 Dec 2012, by  ElleKhan

Surnames > Twombly

Would be grateful for any info on the family of John Twombly (1796-1839) Maine who married Nancy Stacy (1802-1831) on 3 Aug 1823 in Berwick, Maine. Thanks. Descendants of John Twombly 1 John Twombly b: 1796 in ME...

Re: Henry James Twombly, IRE>IL, abt 1851>1930 Posted on: 13 Aug 2012, by  kgravlin

Surnames > Twombly

Hello Debby! I do know your dad...both because I hear about him once in a while from Don (Margaret's middle son) and from her when she was still with us. I even went over and visited with him once sev...

Barney from Quebec. Canada Posted on: 06 Oct 2012, by  SheilaBunka

Surnames > Barney

I am working on my boyfriends family tree and I am looking for information on the Marshall Barney and Margaret Trombly of NH. I know that names have changed when they came from Canada to the US. I am ...

Re: Barnabas Palmer Posted on: 04 Aug 2012, by  roberthompson...

Surnames > Palmer

I'm Robert Thompson _ I connect thru Joanthan (1751-1843) married Polly Roberts (1756 - ) maybe I have other info we can share... PALMER, BARNABAS, 1725-1816 He was born in Dublin, Ireland, 29 May, ...

Re: Henry James Twombly, IRE>IL, abt 1851>1930 Posted on: 12 Aug 2012, by  richardtwombl...

Surnames > Twombly

My Grandfather was Leonard "Doc" Twombly. My father was named after Henry James Twombly.

Grayshan family Posted on: 18 Jun 2008, by  sumsmen

Surnames > Grayshan

I am looking for family of James H.and Malvina Twombly Grayshan and their children - William Alvin, Mary Evelyn [married to Alfred Gardner Thompson], Hendrick Leon [married to Lora May Carignan] and James Fr...

George L. Young 1921-2012 Marion, Ohio Posted on: 29 Jun 2012, by  Contribution

Surnames > Young

...and was one of the Pleasant Spartans' biggest fans. He was also preceded in death by sisters; Nellie Twombly of Cupertino California, Ruth Wood of Wilmore, KY, Velma Pierce of Columbus; and brother, John O...

P.Keith Spangler married Katherine Hartman 1921 CO Posted on: 14 Jul 2013, by  annageis76

Surnames > Spangler

...with over drape of silk lace and she carried Ophelia roses with a shower of Valley lilies. Miss Lena Twombly of Fort Lupton was maid of honor, she being daintily attired in pin organdle and carried Columbia ...

Frozilla Nute 1806-1875 Posted on: 30 Jul 2013, by  trahantheman

Surnames > Nute

...she related to the line of James Nutes dating back to Tiverton or another branch? She married Daniel Twombly in 1832, according to records.

Re: TROMBLEY/HASSETT Posted on: 04 Apr 2013, by  PhaseT1

Surnames > Trombley

Catherine Twombly married Thomas Henry Hassett, a saloon keeper on Sullivan Street, New York. She had a brother, probably a twin, named Thomas J. Twombly both born about 1850 in Ireland. I am researching my relatio...

Michael CARROLL family of DeKalb, IL Posted on: 09 Feb 2001, by  kristygravlin

Surnames > Carroll

...in Sycamore, DeKalb, IL--d 11 Jan 1937 in DeKalb Co. -- mar 21 Apr 1885 in DeKalb Co to Henry James TWOMBLY, Sr. (Jul 1851/1853 in IRE--24 Jun 1930 in DeKalb Co) and 'our' line. I have info on her nine child...

Re: Hanscoms in MAINE and NEW HAMPSHIRE Posted on: 27 Mar 2014, by  siemedia

Surnames > Hanscom

...for proof that Alfred Uriah Hanscom (b. 1828) was the son of Uriah Hanscom (1797-1858) and Mehitabel Twombly. I think he was born in New Hampshire. Alfred married Mary Oliver. This is for a DAR application, ...

Alfred Uriah Hanscom (1828) Posted on: 27 Mar 2014, by  siemedia

Surnames > Hanscom

I am looking for proof that Alfred Uriah Hanscom was the son of Uriah Hanscom and Mehitabel Twombly. I think Alfred Uriah was born in New Hamphire in 1828. He married Mary Oliver.

Re: Bavaria-Cincinnati-Seattle: Adam J. Boehm b abt 1842 Posted on: 03 Jan 2014, by  theresagrimm4...

Surnames > Boehm

Hello, I home this reaches you since you posted this quite awhile ago. Julia Boehm Twombly is my Husband's Great Grandmother. The picture you speak of I too have a scanned copy of that I got from my father...

Re: Just getting started..... Posted on: 27 Oct 2013, by  dingsoffsprng

Surnames > Twombly

...sure there is one, it just gets lost. We all grew up in Dover and my mother knows where several of the Twombly cemeteries are. Have you had any luck?

Maj. W.P.L. Muir -- Van Buren county, Iowa (May 30, 1879) Posted on: 14 Mar 2014, by  edgar hicks

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Van Buren

...to A.T. Giaugue in Hillsboro, Iowa -- speaking of supporting his Civil War friend (Republican) Capt. Twombly for county treasurer. edgar hicks 402-699-0711

Re: RIchard Twambly or Twambley & Mary Ann Price, Twamley, Twombly, Twombley ???????? Posted on: 17 Sep 2013, by  Sherry_Twamle...

Surnames > Twamley

According to Canadian census records, Richard Twambly, Sr., farmer, born abt 1755 in Ecosse (Scotland) and his family; Peter Twamley, also a farmer (listed in the 1842 Lower Canada Census in St-Athana...

Ansley Paul and mystery Paul link Posted on: 27 Apr 2014, by  gregoryallenk...

Surnames > Paul

I have reason to believe that i may be related into the Paul lineage but am a bit confused with things i am finding... I believe i am descended from a couple in the 1860 Laclede County Missouri census...

Twomblys of Strafford / Barrington NH - details from old letter Posted on: 03 Oct 2013, by  beth_rose11

Surnames > Twombly

The following is a transcript of a letter written in the late 1800s by Benjamin Twombly to his nephew, Robert Twombly. I have not included the whole letter but just the most important parts. I have also attached ...

William Riley JONES, 1855-1935, Holton KS Posted on: 19 Oct 2014, by  fernkopf

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Jackson

Holton Recorder, Thursday, 8 August 1935, page 11 William Riley Jones born in Browning, Illinois, 7 January 1855; died in Stormont hospital, Topeka KS, 24 July 1935...came to Kansas in 1871...resided...

Hannah Agnes CARROLL TWOMBLY...1862 IL-1937 IL Posted on: 09 Mar 2001, by  kristygravlin

Surnames > Carroll

...DeKalb. Her parents were Michael CARROLL and Ann HARRIS. She mar 21 Apr 1885 in DeKalb Co to Henry James TWOMBLY, Sr. They had nine children: John Francis "Jack", Joseph, Sanford, Henry James Jr, W...

Re: Dixon (Dixie) Twombly - NH Posted on: 07 Apr 2015, by  Sandra Bean

Surnames > Twombly

Dixie Twombly was my grandfather. Have lots of information. I have limited info about Emma which lived with my Mom & Dad she died when I was 10. She died in 1952 at the age of 86. Remember her very we...

Re: TROMBLEY/HASSETT Posted on: 27 Jul 2014, by  PhaseT1

Surnames > Trombley

...Sullivan Street. He is recorded as residing with his wife Catherine and and his brother-in-law Thomas J. Twombly, a widower and coach painter, and both of whom were born in Ireland in 1850. Hassett was born ...

Robertson, John F. Posted on: 09 May 2001, by Wanda Purcell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Roger Mills

...He lived in Maine until he was 17 years old and then came west. While living in Iowa he met Elizabeth Twombly, and they were married in Waterloo, Iowa, Oct. 28, 1881. Their only child, Mrs. H. C. Payne, of C...

Re: BLOODGOOD-MORRIS Posted on: 05 Mar 2016, by  Roland Baker

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Albany

...Part 3 p 1-3 of Mayflower Families for Micah Sampson: Hugh Mccellan Bloodgood (1909 - 1986) Elizabeth Twombly Farrand (1871 - 1945) mother of Hugh Mccellan Bloodgood Elizabeth Lewis TWOMBLY (1841 - 1914) mother of...

Re: Frank A Tibbetts Posted on: 06 Aug 2001, by A. Roubo

Surnames > Tibbetts

...Jerimiah Tebbitts. I also have a couple Jerimiah's in my line. Jeremiah b.1656, d.1736 who married Mary Twombly, had three children. Mary - b. 1685 Jeremy - b.1690 John - b.1691

Peleg Lincoln of Maine Posted on: 12 Oct 2001, by Janet Hooke

Surnames > Lincoln

...Appleton/Hope, Maine. He was the son of Joshua Lincoln, Jr. and Anna Bryant. He was married to a Betsy Twombly and had 5 children- John D--Elizabeth--Calvin Paul--Anna---Lucinda. Any info on this family woul...

Obit. Justine M. Gauthier Posted on: 27 Mar 2002, by Tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Gauthier

...Regional Hospital following a long illness. She was born in Tilton, the daughter of William and Olive (Twombly) Rollins. She graduated from Tilton School in Tilton. Gauthier lived in Franklin for more tha...

obit for Grace Jock Posted on: 18 Dec 2001, by tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Jock

...Alton; a daughter, Kathleen Caron of Allenstown; a brother, Carol Hodgdon of Pittsfield; a sister, Rena Twombly of Strafford; 10 grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and cousins. Her husband, Leon Earl J...

DAR Lookup Twombly, John New Hampshire b.abt 1795 Posted on: 12 Feb 2002, by  @@LSchiendel@...

Topics > Organizations and Societies > Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)

Looking for John Twombly listed on the Lee, Penobscott County, Maine census 1850 Born New Hampshire abt 1795. I believe he served in the Revolutionary War. Thank you so very much for this service. Lillia

Re: DAR Lookup Twombly, John New Hampshire b.abt 1795 Posted on: 12 Feb 2002, by  @@LSchiendel@...

Topics > Organizations and Societies > Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)

Bette, Thank you so very much. Such a quick response. John was an overused name with the Twomblys. Lillian

obit for James L. Currier Posted on: 05 Mar 2002, by tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Currier

...Street, died Friday at Lakes Region General Hospital. He was born in Epping, the son of Fred and Harriet (Twombly) Currier. He graduated from Tilton School in 1929 and was a farmer for several years. He w...

Re: DAR Lookup Twombly, John New Hampshire b.abt 1795 Posted on: 12 Feb 2002, by Bette

...War--1774/5 to 1787. In checking the Centennial Edition of the Patriot Index, however, there are three Twombly Patriots listed--all ae from New hampshire. 1) John, born 11-25-1755 NH d 10-2- 1835 NH; m ...

MAINE TO OHIO Posted on: 26 Nov 1999, by  EdwardArleneD

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maine > Counties > Kennebec

OHIO & MAINE CONNECTIONS Posted by Edward Dutton on Fri, 26 Nov 1999 Surname: Twombley, Hallet, Bickford, Flanders, Otis, Merriam, Penrose, Blake, Davis, Chapman JOSEPH TWOMBLEY MAINE AND OHIO ...

obit for Selden Rollins Posted on: 11 Dec 2001, by tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Rollins

The following obit originated with the Concord Monitor, in Concord, N.H. The Monitor does not guarantee the accuracy of original content that now resides off its website. Selden Rollins, BARNSTEAD ...

Re: DAR Lookup>Nute>NH>1724to 1801 Posted on: 17 Nov 2001, by  sjgreer301

...22 Nov 1760 and his rank was Sgt in New He died in NH on 3 Feb 1836. The name of his wife was Sarah Twombly. According to the index, he was not pensioned but that might be incorrect. If you are intereste...

DAVENPORTS IN ATCHISON Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by  patti44052

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Atchison

Hi, I am trying to locate descendants of Tryphena TWOMBLY who married ___DAVENPORT and were living in the Atchison area in 1940's. She had sisters named Anna who married ___STOUT and Mary who married Coleman...

Obit: Barnett * 1967 Posted on: 03 Sep 2002, by  @@TraceFamily...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Anderson

...Lee MILLER, Garnett; five sisters, Mrs. Nell HAWLEY and Mrs. Lois BISHOP, both of Wichita, Mrs. Mary TWOMBLY, Topeka, Mrs. Ilena MILLER, Garnett, and Mrs. Shirley GRIGSBY, Shawnee Mission; four brothers, Law...

Sarah Cass Eads Posted on: 24 Jun 2002, by Liz Eads

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Whiteside

...years ago. One brother and three sisters also survive her, namely Geo. Cass of Cottonwood, Mrs. Razena Twombly of Morrison, Mrs. Mary Daniels of Cottonwood, and Mrs. Stella Tosher of Portland, Ore. Morris...

Re: Anna Jane Nokes Posted on: 15 Jul 2002, by  stomlin_1

Surnames > Nokes

...born in 1838, Elizabeth was born in 1836, Mary was born in 1833 and Richard was born in 1829. Elmina Twombly is their mother and she was born 1817 and William Nokes their father was born 27 Jan. 1807 and wa...

Re: Anna Jane Nokes Posted on: 15 Jul 2002, by  stomlin_1

Surnames > Nokes

Anna Jane Nokes is the daughter of William Nokes and Elmina Twombly. Anna Jane was born in 1848. Anna Nokes is hte daughter of Jacob Nokes and born in 1805. William is Anna brother. John Nokes isn't fro...

Twamley, Twombly, Twombley ???????? Posted on: 26 Jul 2002, by  houston1965

Surnames > Twombley

really need some help. My ggrandmother's maiden name was Ruby Twamley, Twombly, Twombley, etc. The only info I have on her is not verified. I was told her father (John?) came into the US through Canada an...

Re: Peleg Lincoln of Maine Posted on: 30 Apr 2002, by Bob Lincoln

Surnames > Lincoln

...born 1809. Janet Hooke is referring to a different Peleg, born 1775 in Bristol, ME, married Betsey Twombly in 1805 in Bristol, ME and is possibly descended from Samuel Lincoln the weaver. I don't yet have ...

HOWE, Lucy, born in Milton New Hampshire 6 JUN 1812 Posted on: 05 Jul 2002, by  katehjones

Surnames > Howe

...Mass Does anybody have any information about her parents? Could it be Jonathan Howe and Mehitable Twombly? Thanks,

Re: Philander R. Nokes mar. Marie C. Wardwell 1857 Adams Co. IL. Posted on: 15 Jul 2002, by  stomlin_1

Surnames > Nokes

Philander Nokes is the son of John Nokes and Hannah Twombly. John's father is Jacob Nokes and his mother is Mary Fuller. John was born 20 Mar. 1809 in Swanton, Franklin, Vt. Mary Fuller was from Connectic...

Obit: Barnett * 1967 Posted on: 03 Sep 2002, by  @@TraceFamily...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Counties > Shawnee

...Lee MILLER, Garnett; five sisters, Mrs. Nell HAWLEY and Mrs. Lois BISHOP, both of Wichita, Mrs. Mary TWOMBLY, Topeka, Mrs. Ilena MILLER, Garnett, and Mrs. Shirley GRIGSBY, Shawnee Mission; four brothers, Law...

Re: John Twombley Posted on: 03 Jul 2002, by  Sagerider

Surnames > Twombley

The early Twombley--Twambley--Twombly appear to have pioneered in the south east corner of New Hampshire and southwest corner of Maine. That was all part of Massachusetts originally. Berwick in York County had some Twombley n...

Newsclippings from Black Lake area Posted on: 06 Jul 2002, by Keith Conroy

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

PAGE 1 HON. CHARLES RICHARDSON. Charles Richardson, an old and prominent citizen of Morristown, died suddenly of heart disease, at his residence on Black Lake, Tuesday, Jan. 30, 1894, aged 79 years. ...

obit for Lurena Mae Garrison Posted on: 19 May 2002, by tigerlily =';'=

Surnames > Garrison

...Wednesday at Pine Rock Manor in Warner. She was born in North Conway, the daughter of William and Hazel (Twombly) Cole. She lived in Henniker most of her life. She graduated from Kennett High School in No...

per page