Talk:World Archives Project: USHMM - Poland, Lódz Ghetto Inhabitant List, 1939-1944
From Ancestry.com Wiki
Feel free to add to or edit information in this discussion tab as necessary. Please take time to become familiar with the General Keying Standards and be sure to read all instructions on the main project page. (Please note that in case of a discrepancy, project level instructions always trump general keying standards.)
Extra Keying Helps
Streets within the Łódź Ghetto
The Polish alphabet. Grey indicates letters not used in native words. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_alphabet
Common Keying Errors Found by Reviewers
- Dittos: these are typically quote marks. These mean to key from the line previously. They are not to be entered as a literal quote (").
- Alignment: Associating streets or dates with the wrong person. Usually from one line below. This can have a dramatic impact on the accuracy score.
- Months: the instructions ask to key the month name, not it's number. The German month names are quite similar to the English names.
- Diacriticals: key all diacriticals (ie. accent marks). Use the dialog with the Ñ character.
- Periods: the directions state that the street names are to be keyed without periods.
- Typos: check your work before submitting.
- Character recognition: view the screen at a magnification you can read, adjust brightness and contrast if necessary.
--Paulmd199 05:43, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
Questions and Answers
If you have a keying question that is not answered on the project page or in any of the information above, click “EDIT” and ask it here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.
If you have a suggestion or would like to make an addition to the project page, click “EDIT” and post your suggestion here. (If you click on Rich Editor you won't have to worry about formatting your entry.) Then click “WATCH” at the top right on this page and you will be notified via email when an update has been made.