Elmore County, Idaho

From Ancestry.com Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is a stub. Help us to expand it by contributing your knowledge. For county page guidelines, visit U.S. County Page Content Suggestions.

Elmore is a county located in Southwestern Idaho. It was formed in 1889 from Alturas County. Alturas is a Spanish name which means “mountain summit or heavens”. Elmore is a large county covering more than 3,000 square miles. Approximately 60% of the county is mountainous. The remaining 40% slopes downward to the Snake River plain. Elmore County has altitudes ranging from 2500 feet to over 9700 feet.

Elmore began keeping birth records in 1907, marriage records in 1889, and death records in 1907. It began keeping land records in 1889, probate records in 1892, and court records in 1889. For more information, contact the county at 150 S Fourth St, Mountain Home 83647-3060. On the attached map, Elmore is located at J3.

For information about the state of Idaho see Idaho Family History Research.

The Counties and County Seats of Idaho

Counties of Idaho
Idaho sil.png

AdaAdamsBannockBear LakeBenewahBinghamBlaineBoiseBonnerBonnevilleBoundaryButteCamasCanyonCaribouCassiaClarkClearwaterCusterElmoreFranklinFremontGemGoodingIdahoJeffersonJeromeKootenaiLatahLemhiLewisLincolnMadisonMinidokaNez PerceOneidaOwyheePayettePowerShoshoneTetonTwin FallsValleyWashington